- 2 Duck Legs
- 1L boiling water
- 6 Tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 150ml rice vinegar
- GLAZING MIX
- 75g spring onions
- 25g ginger, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons five spice
- TO SERVE
- Chinese pancakes
- ramekin of Hoisin sauce
- 4 spring onions, cut into matchsticks
- Half a cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- Lightly score into the skin of the duck legs.
- In boiling hot water, add vinegar and sugar. Stir.
- Submerge the duck legs in the glaze mix for 20 seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F)
- Pad dry the duck legs with kitchen roll.
- Mix well all the marinade ingredients.
- Give the duck legs a good rub in the marinade.
- On a cooling rack set over a baking tray, place a bed of the marinade then put the duck legs on top. Make sure they are skin side up.
- Roast the duck legs for 30 minutes on 160°C (320°F).
- Turn up the oven to 200°C (400 ̊F) and roast the duck for another 20 minutes.
- Rest the duck legs for 10 minutes, then shred them with two forks.
- Serve with Chinese pancakes, hoisin sauce, shredded spring onions, and sliced cucumber. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Unsaturated Fat: 6gCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 14g