- Lamb Marinade
- 600g braising lamb, diced (shoulder or neck)
- 100g full-fat yoghurt
- 2tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 5cm ginger, finely grated
- 100g ghee
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2 tbsp hot chilli powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 potato, halved and cut into slices
- 1 litre base curry gravy, warmed through
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- to taste salt
- 2 tomato, cut into segments
- 1 tsp fenugreek leaves
- In a bowl mix the ingredients for the lamb marinade and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Place a pan over a high heat and add the ghee. Into the pan sear the marinated lamb to form a browned crust.
- Once the lamb is seared reduce the heat to medium and add garlic, hot chilli powder, garam masala, tomato puree and red chilli. Cook out for 2 minutes till aromatic and well combined.
- Next to the pan add the potato and hot base curry gravy.
- Place a lid on the pan and bring to a simmer, allow to cook for 1 hour producing tender potato and lamb. Add water if the sauce reduces too far.
- Finish the vindaloo with the vinegar, lime juice, salt to taste, segmented tomatoes and fenugreek leaves. Cook for 5 minutes so the tomatoes begin to soften.
- The vindaloo is ready to serve, pair with peshwari naan to counter the heat
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 750Unsaturated Fat: 0g